Newburyport city councilors agree that infrastructure is the big issue by Dom Nicastrofirstname.lastname@example.org
Now the city councilors knew before 2012 started that infrastructure would become the hot topic.
- That means the Water Department
- That means the Sewer Department
- That means the Senior/Community Center
- That means our Chapter 90 projects for roads
- That means the new school buildings
- That means Karp’s Waterfront Development
- That means the NRA and the Waterfront
- That means the proposed parking garage
- That means the LHD to protect our historic district
- That means our sidewalks
- That means our open spaces, parks and watersheds.
- That means our eco-, heritage and marine support structures.
- That means infrastructure to support the traffic and the commercial districts.
We need our city councilors to re-affirm that infrastructure is important and to resist the urge to run away from the hard choices.
The voters took the pressure off of them and made the hard choices last Tuesday.
It’s time for the majority of councilors to echo the public’s resolve.
They can start with the Wetlands Protection Ordinance and the Tree Ordinance and finish with the Local Historic District expansion.
Infrastructure improvement should be the theme for the next year!